Solved

JellyBean Update For Samsung galaxy S2?

Tags:
  • Android
  • Galaxy S
  • Samsung
Last response: in Android Smartphones
January 28, 2013 11:49:23 PM

im wondering does anybody know when the jellybean update for the samsung galaxy s2 is coming out. samsung said end of january thanks.

More about : jellybean update samsung galaxy

Best solution

a b Ë Android
January 29, 2013 8:59:09 PM

You could always try calling the carrier you're with and asking for a possible ETA. If you have an un-rooted, standard, over the counter, unmodified cell phone the update would be delivered to you via the carrier and you could then choose to download via WiFi or over your cell network.

When the new versions of android are released they are sent to the carrier first, so that they can make their changes to it. That's why you get all that bloatware, with Bell up here in canada for example you get a mobile tv app and an app to see your account information. They're considered system apps so you can't remove them unless you have a rooted phone.

Keeping in mind that the carriers get the software first, they'd be the best to ask for an ETA. You could also check out the XDA forums and see if anyone has released a version for your phone yet and root + install it yourself.
January 29, 2013 9:07:18 PM

yeah well unlocking isnt really legit, u can do it but breaks the manufacturers warranty.

i called and they dont know whens the eta of the update :p 

m
l
Related resources
a b Ë Android
January 29, 2013 9:13:30 PM

It does, but it also opens up a world of possibilities if you're willing to take that risk. I myself have a rooted, unlocked, HTC Desire Z with a custom version of android. It allows me to overclock, modify the UI, etc etc.

If you aren't willing to do that then I suppose you're stuck waiting for your carrier to release the update :p 
Edit: I do know for a fact though that there are modded rom's of JellyBean already all over the net.
m
l
January 29, 2013 9:22:36 PM

oh i know that theres mods out there, just dont wanna ruin my warranty.

thanks for the help anyways.

m
l
January 29, 2013 9:22:42 PM

Best answer selected by iceclock.
m
l
a b Ë Android
January 29, 2013 9:24:47 PM

No prob, thanks for marking me as the best answer :p 
It's only a matter of time until the carrier releases their version of the rom, I'm sure.

Cheers.
m
l
January 29, 2013 9:36:21 PM

haha, no one else seemed interested to help. cheers.

m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook