Tags:
  • iPhone
  • iTunes
  • Phones
  • Jailbreak
  • iPhone 4
Last response: in Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking
May 15, 2012 12:37:54 AM

I bought the iPhone 4S used and it was jailbroken. Without knowing of the aftermath, I restored the phone on iTunes. Now the phone showes the USB pointing at the iTunes logo. In addition, the phone is not detected by iTunes. I am looking on lone and I am yet to find anything.

More about : iphone detected itunes jailbreak unable restore

May 15, 2012 1:44:16 AM

try put your phone into DFU mode (if you don't know what that is, I'm sure Google will be a better friend on this) and if your computer still doesn't detect your phone, try reinstalling iTunes. Good luck, mate!
m
l
November 12, 2012 5:47:04 AM

I had the same problem with itunes telling me I wasn't connected to the internet even though I was. I kept trying for several hours but always got the same warning. So then I disconnected the phone and uninstalled itunes. Then I powered off my computer and unplugged everything including the wireless router. I waited 15- 20 minutes, plugged everything back in and restarted. I re-installed itunes and then waited a full 2 hours before connecting the phone to itunes. It completely restored and I got no error messages.
m
l
July 14, 2015 8:29:33 AM

Do this instead:
Redownload or update iTunes to the latest version.
On the device, head to Settings > iCloud and disable Find my iPhone/iPad if it's on.
Connect your iOS device to your Mac or PC using the USB cable, and select it when it appears in iTunes.
On the Summary tab, hit Restore your jailbroken iPhone.
m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook