Laptop 13/14", Budget: £500 great british pounds. Suggestions please?

2danny9

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Hi everyone,

I you guys to throw some laptops my way. I've had a look but before I decided to go out a buy a laptop once more, I want to enlist all you lovely peoples advice, suggestions. etc.

Laptop spec requirment:

*Location - England :)
*Budget - £500 (£550 if it is great)
*Screen - 13/14"(A good screen?)
*Weight & size - Light and thin (doesn't have to be super thin). I need to be able to carry around from Uni and work.
*Processor - Fairly decent processing power, i5 or equivalent AMD or if you guys can lower me down to I3 I don't know)
*Graphics - Might want to play the odd game here and there (HD 4000 or AMD equivalent minimum)? I'm not that bothered, I have a gaming PC so I see no point in those £2K gaming laptops.
*Storage = I don't mind, standard what 500GB now, not bothered as I have a Samsung 830 256GB to go in.
*I/O - Of course USB :), HDMI output full HD, D-SUB not worried about this one - I see some machines not including this anymore :( - and a headphone jack.

I did order a Acer Aspire M3-581TG i5 500GB but I'm going to return as I consistently having the happy blue screen as I like to call it. Done troubleshooting it (I want to return you see?)
Overall it’s a good machine but maybe a bit costly at around £550+. Screen is poor and speakers have a bit bass, sounds awesome with headphones - it even gets the admirable glances and compliments and me ***. The screen is simply too big to make it portable even though it is a tad thin and light 2.3kg? I have noticed, I don't want to go full on gaming on a laptop :mad:

Budget is £500. I want to on 500 as I see no reason in speding on a machine that won't have dedicated graphics, I've seen those ultrabooks with stupid i5 3 something U at 1.7 clock with intel HD 3/4-000 and they want £600+ wtf!!!

I hate that 15"+ laptops are cheaper than 13". The 13" have a crap spec yet they cost as more than a decent speced 15" laptop.

Please guys or and girls (sorry!), send some stuff, suggestions my way please :).

Regards,

Dan

2danny9

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Crap, sorry.

Optical drive - I do not mind at all.

Laptop I'll keep for 3 years or so.

I want a reliable brand guys (I don’t like Dell but there is a gem everywhere eh?). A solid/sturdy machine.

Sorry thanks everyone and having a good night (or morning) from the UK!

Dan