How Do You Unlock Extra Pipelines In X800 Cards?

Forrest

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
I keep seeing where people have said that they've unlocked "extra" piplines in thier X800 card. How are they doing this?

I have an X800 XL PCIe Built By ATI, curious if this is possible with this moddel?

Action_Man

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2004
The x800 XL doesnt have any pipelines disabled.

Some people are like slinkies....
Not really good for anything but you cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

RichPLS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
Is it not fast enough for you? You can overclock it some. Even has an overdrive option in the CCC drivers. Or you can use <A HREF="http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/" target="_new"> ATI-Tool </A> to overclock, but then disable CCC overdrive.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

cleeve

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2003
The only card unlocking pipelines works with is the X800 PRO, and ONLY if it's certain VIVO models.

Since the pro is about the same price as the 16-pipe XL, it's not really worth the risk.

RX8

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2004
whats wrong with you people, it already has 16 pipelines, it shares the same core as the rest of the 800 series its just got a down clocked core.

<font color=purple> MY FINGER IS ON THE BUTTON! </font color=purple>

RichPLS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
hence my reply...applies...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RX8

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2004
yes true but he also siad unlocking extra pipes.

I have no idea where these extra pipes will come from, i am a little mithed.

maybe go to a general store and buy some extra pipes and attach them on the card, becuz theres non in the core to unlock.

<font color=purple> MY FINGER IS ON THE BUTTON! </font color=purple>