Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Cases
  • Unlock
  • Storage
Last response: in Audio
October 4, 2010 11:55:55 PM

Hello,
I have a MK8010GAH from my iPod. I upgraded to a 260GB. I purchased a case for the MK8010GAH but was told by case maker that the hdd is locked Does anyone know how to unlock it? Please HELP!
John

More about : mk8010gah unlock

a c 144 G Storage
October 5, 2010 3:30:51 PM

Do you have in an enclosure now and have you tried to access it? It is likely just an issue of the format of the drive as a result of its prior use. In Windows, go to Control Panel/Admin Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management. There you locate the drive in question and then convert to a MBR type volume. Format as desired and enjoy! Good luck!!!
m
l
October 12, 2010 1:43:24 AM

COLGeek said:
Do you have in an enclosure now and have you tried to access it? It is likely just an issue of the format of the drive as a result of its prior use. In Windows, go to Control Panel/Admin Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management. There you locate the drive in question and then convert to a MBR type volume. Format as desired and enjoy! Good luck!!!

It does not show up in Disk Management. It only shows up in Device Manager/disk drives. I need to find a way to "unlock" it as the case maker stated, hence my request. But thanks for the try!
Jens24
m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter