How to unlock X2 555 cores

mgkunkel

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I just built a machine w/an M4A79XTD EVO mobo and X2 555 cpu. I would now like to unlock cores if it will.

What is the best way to unlock a core? There was software that came with this mobo, but it may be just to OC. Can I use software to unlock cores, or must I go into BIOS?

Possibly more important, if I unlock and it's unstable and won't boot, how do I tell the system to just ignore my last change (ie the unsuccessful core unlock) and revert to the two good cores?

Thanks for any advice!

Solution
1. Go into the BIOS.
2. Enable Advanced Clock Calibration (ACC)
3. Activate Unleashing Mode
4. Select the number of CPU cores to unlock.
5. Reboot.

6. Read some guides about overclocking that CPU.
7. If an OC or unlock fails, it will reboot automatically to fail safe settings.
If not just reset CMOS.

banthracis

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
1. Go into the BIOS.
2. Enable Advanced Clock Calibration (ACC)
3. Activate Unleashing Mode
4. Select the number of CPU cores to unlock.
5. Reboot.

6. Read some guides about overclocking that CPU.
7. If an OC or unlock fails, it will reboot automatically to fail safe settings.
If not just reset CMOS.

Solution

shortstuff_mt

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2008
The M4A79XTD EVO doesn't have a CMOS reset button just like a lot of motherboards. It does have pins that can be used to reset the CMOS with a jumper, though. The motherboard owners manual should have instructions on how to reset the CMOS.

G

I just built a machine biostar TA790GXE 128M and X2 555 cpu. I would now like to unlock cores .
i had recently tried to unlock all the cores but failed.i had updated my mobo bios then also i coudnt..in bois i had no option like "unleashing mode"...plz help me...