Help with motherboard

Drj312

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
I am having trouble with my motherboard. It is an Asus M4A785TD-V EVO. I am trying to unlock the fourth core on my AMD Athlon II X3 435. I have to enable Unleashing Mode first. When i do that and unlock the fourth core, the computer crashes on startup. I had a different motherboard before but same processor, and unlocking the fourth core worked. What is the problem?

Thank you

rajiv1990

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Your motherboard is a well proven unlocker for the phenom x2s.
So first make sure that your bios are updated.
Ok,then do the procedure of enabling unleashing mode and when you get to see that your x2 unlocked to an x4,and probably when you cannot boot up
because there is not enough voltage available for the unlocked cores.So what you got to do is simple,
1.increase your Vcore in very small increments to 1.4v.
2.next increase vcpu nb in a similar fashion to 1.35v.
This should do the job.

Also refer this:
http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/535501-amd-phenom-ii-core-unlocking-guide.html

Good Luck

rajiv1990

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009

Well the motherboard says it has a 785g + 710 Southbridge(http://www.trustedreviews.com/motherboards/review/2009/08/06/Asus-M4A785TD-V-EVO/p3)
So atleast half is ok.Only thing remaining is to check whether the motherboard has an Advanced Clock Calibration feature.

Drj312

Distinguished
May 19, 2010

it does have ACC

rajiv1990

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Well make sure you tried these steps:
1.Enable unleashing mode.
2.Set ACC to auto.

And since you said you got the new processor as x4.Try the bumping of voltages mentioned earlier if you could not boot.

After boot:
run some cpu stress tests for checking the stability of the new unlocked cores.
usually you may not be able to get the temperatures,so download HWMonitor or some similar software to know the temps.
Try over clocking if it possible only after confirming that the cores are stable at the new temperatures.

Pls let me know if you get your cpu cores got unlocked successfully.

rajiv1990

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Hope there is another way.Try if nothing else of above helped.
If you have the other motherboard with which you got your 4 cores unlocked then use it once more and see all the cpu
voltages and settings with which your phenom ii got unlocked and use those same settings or with small changes.
Try as many trial and error methods with the voltages.Hope you will get it alright.

After all,Which was your previous motherboard?Was it from asus or gigabyte?