GA-MA890GPA-UD3H Core unlocker problem

ultimatenip

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
Mobo: GA-MA890GPA-UD3H, FC Bios(latest)
Ram: Ripjaws 4gb DDR3 1600
Cpu: Phenom II x2 550 BE

I recently upgraded from a GA-MA790X-UD4P to this GA-MA890GPA-UD3H, with my old mobo all I had to do was make some adjustments in the ACC in bios and my dual core would unlock to a quad and stay that way 24/7 until I revert the settings back in ACC. But with this new mobo, my problem is that the cpu would only unlock with core unlocker once and thats right after I had flashed the BIOS. Once I restart or turn off my computer and turn it on later, it would go back to being a dual core. So everytime I want my cpu to unlock to a quad, I have to reflash the bios on startup and enable core unlocker.

Even though reflashing is a quick process, it's just a hassle because I have to also readjust all my other settings. Please help.

bilbat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2008
This sounds like somthing that requires a bug report to GB tech support...

While they do have a caveat at their support page:

Auto Unlock Support
Experience a phenomenal performance upgrade with GIGABYTE’s innovative Auto Unlock technology that unleashes your system’s hidden performance. Featuring a unique design that enables the processor’s hidden cores by BIOS, GIGABYTE Auto Unlock technology effectively provides a CPU upgrade while running multi-threaded applications or multi-tasking.
* The ability of unlocking the hidden CPU cores might vary by different processors.

...you'd think any BE would be 'covered'!

(BTW - the 890 chipset does not, by AMD design, support ACC...)