Asus Core Unlocker and TurboV Evo

Furieux

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
Hi guys, i have two questions...

The first one is no big deal and is for the one who are using TurboV evo. In the software, in the manual section under the Ratio CPU TAB, i was used to see a diagram of all 6 core with their respective ratio, but now, i only see this. Here's a picture.

turbovevo.jpg

I was wondering what's wrong with the software ?? i tried reinstalling and no changes. Is this a problem the software only ? Is this a problem related to my hardware (i doubt it)

Now for the second question.

I was wondering what's the deal with the ASUS core unlocker ? I have a phenom 2 X6 1055T and on startup it says Press 4 to unlock ASUS core unlocker.... What's the point of this utility ? Should i unlock it ?

Solution
I can answer your second question.

ASUS Core Unlocker simply unlocks locked cores in CPUs such as the Athlon II X3/X4 and Phenom II X2/X3/X4 as some cores are not defective and can actually be used, however it will cause system instability or not boot if it is unstable. For the Athlon II X3/X4, the L3 cache may also be 'locked', as it MAY be a Phenom II X4 with cache and a core disabled if Athlon II X3. You shouldn't try as there are no locked cores on the Phenom II X6 1055T.

Lmeow

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
I can answer your second question.

ASUS Core Unlocker simply unlocks locked cores in CPUs such as the Athlon II X3/X4 and Phenom II X2/X3/X4 as some cores are not defective and can actually be used, however it will cause system instability or not boot if it is unstable. For the Athlon II X3/X4, the L3 cache may also be 'locked', as it MAY be a Phenom II X4 with cache and a core disabled if Athlon II X3. You shouldn't try as there are no locked cores on the Phenom II X6 1055T.

Solution