• Chipsets
  • Core
  • Unlock
  • CPUs
  • Motherboards
  • Product
Last response: in Off-Topic / General Discussion
September 15, 2010 12:07:13 PM

My mobo box says this on it , i am just a little curious as to what it is ? I went into the bios and saw some selections that seemed were connected with it , i just dont know what it is and dont really wanna mess with it till i do. Any insight would be paramount! :kaola: 

More about : msi 785gt e63 unlock cpu core

a c 318 V Motherboard
a c 174 à CPUs
September 15, 2010 2:41:22 PM

Hi.

Unlock CPU cores works for AMD X2 and X3 CPUs in a easy way let me explain this with an example.

Suppose that u buy that mobo and a Phenom II X2 555 by default that CPU comes with only two cores right? well with that feature u can unlock the other two cores and get a quad core for the price of a dual core, so u will get the X2 555 but with the four cores working.

That feature sometimes works and sometimes don't works so if u want a quad core is better buy a really quad core.
m
l
September 15, 2010 3:02:36 PM

hmmm well i currently am running a AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE , does this mean i can possibly turn it into a Hexa core hahaha?! I am also having a few problems with my OC situation if you wanna help me out there too i would appreciate , its driving me nuts!
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261895-29-phenom is the thread , it has pretty pictures ha ha !
m
l
Related resources
a c 318 V Motherboard
a c 174 à CPUs
September 15, 2010 3:14:13 PM

:lol:  no, the only X4 that can be a x6 is the Zosma Phenom II X4 960T but that CPU only comes with OEM rigs.
m
l
September 15, 2010 3:18:31 PM

Go to my OC thread you seem smart ! I need smart RIGHT NOW! ha ha
m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK