Which Asus better?

Algu6

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Hi! :)
I am building new PC and got stuck choosing motherboard. Goal is to get best value for money and to be able to unlock (if I am lucky) Phenom II x2 555, and to overclock everything a bit. :D
I have two good and still quite cheap motherboards in my mind:

Asus M4A87TD
or
Asus M4A785TD-V EVO

I am kind of unsure with core unlock button, or does it have ACC in BIOS as well? Someone has experience with it? I heard that the core unlocker is total crap.
Also will 6GB\S increase performance of my 500GB, 7200 RPM, 16 MB cache, SATA II HDD? I guess the 6GB\S helps only SATA III, or am I wrong? :??:
And I don't care about integrated graphics card in the second mobo as I got a graphics card. :sleep:

Solution
EVO for me. I cant comment on the core unlocker. As i have not used any AMD CPU's recently.

6GB/sec is SATA III. Good feature to have in handy for the future, not now. SATA II's isn't thoroughly drained right now.

hell_storm2004

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
EVO for me. I cant comment on the core unlocker. As i have not used any AMD CPU's recently.

6GB/sec is SATA III. Good feature to have in handy for the future, not now. SATA II's isn't thoroughly drained right now.

Solution

tecmo34

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
^+1...

To add to the above, I would go with the cheaper of the two, as both will meet your needs.

Another note, neither are great options for Crossfire down the road, if that might be a plan.

TRENDING THREADS