Your question

PC wont boot after core unlock

  • Motherboards
  • Unlock
Last response: in Off-Topic / General Discussion
November 28, 2010 11:52:13 AM

Ok so ive been putting together a secondary PC with spare parts that have accumulated over time. It has a AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750, GB of corsair ram, 500W PSU, Ge Force 6600GT and a Gigabyte GA-M52L-S3P.

It booted fine until I used the motherboards core unlock function, now i just get a series of long beeps 70% of the time and the other 30% it boots into windows. I have tried resetting the CMOS with both the battery and covering the pins. The BIOS has been reset to the defaults too. Any ideas what the problem could be?

More about : wont boot core unlock

November 28, 2010 4:08:05 PM

Might have fried your CPU or your Socket :S

Sorry to say, unlocking cores can have adverse side effects.
November 28, 2010 4:10:07 PM

Its ok now, turns out one of the corsair sticks were broken, and yeah ill be avoiding the core unlock now, just going to over clock.

Thanks anyway
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS