Solved! How to unlock a locked bios??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr prady

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
I have purchased a second hand laptop of Dell i.e.D 620 Lattitude.......and i have found that it's bios is locked.......Is there a way to unlock it using software or any other method??????
thanks

Solution
There is probably a backdoor password that will get you into BIOS (so then you can remove the current bios password). Call Dell tech support and ask for it. I think I know what it is but I don't feel like it's a good idea to publish it on the forums. If Dell won't give you the password, send me a message and I'll give you one you can try.

Removing the button cell battery should work. You have to leave it out for 5 minutes or so and you the system has to be totally unplugged (no battery or AC power or anything)

o1die

Distinguished
May 16, 2001
Some have a setting that has to be disabled. Some boards have a green jumper you can move with the system off to reset it, then return to it's run position. Try finding a bios setting first.

mr prady

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
actually the bios menu is itself locked so i will not be able to change any of the bios setting......i even removed "button cell" present on the board but nothing happend......

eightdrunkengods

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
There is probably a backdoor password that will get you into BIOS (so then you can remove the current bios password). Call Dell tech support and ask for it. I think I know what it is but I don't feel like it's a good idea to publish it on the forums. If Dell won't give you the password, send me a message and I'll give you one you can try.

Removing the button cell battery should work. You have to leave it out for 5 minutes or so and you the system has to be totally unplugged (no battery or AC power or anything)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.