Alternative to Super Glue for unlocking AXP's.

LastStop

Distinguished
May 23, 2001
After reading many posts about failed attempts to unlock an AXP due to the super glue being conductive, I was wondering if there is an alternative. I've read some articles that some people use a crayon to fill the grooves or silicon based thermal paste, both which are removeable if done wrong. Any other alternatives you guys can think of?

OldBear

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2001
I used red nail polish so I could see it more clearly.

Then bought a rear-defogger repair kit for the conductive paint.

Worked great.

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
Did your wife pull a 360 for using her red nail polish? Or was it yours? heheh :wink: Mine goes into protective evil mother mode when I go close to her stuff, like using her eye thing sharpener to sharpen my pencil. :lol:

Anyway, it's a damn good idea.

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red> ;)

OldBear

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2001
Actually, she didn't say a word.
She didn't know she was so generous.

(don't tell please)

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
LOL

btw you know any software that would test my whole system? I'm pretty sure my mobo gone stupid on me again, but it's weird that I have to keep replacing it every couple of months. Going to get another mobo this week and then I'll have 2 of everything, going to try changing parts around and see when it start to give errors. If there is nothing else to check :lol:

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red> ;)

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
hehe...nice...
very nice.
good thing she didnt see you painting your athlon with nail polish...she might have thought one of two things.
1. you were practicing so that you can paint your nails..
2. you have gone wacky, and were painting the xp's nails.
hehe
AH-YUK!

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

OldBear

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2001
She does walk away shaking her head a lot.