Few final questions before i unlock my multiplier

Tutlas

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2001
Alright, just got the conductive paint, ready to unlock the L1 bridges, but i got a couple questions first =)
I've seen like diagrams where people do stuff with the L3 and L10 bridges, if i'm going to be adjusting the multiplier with DIP switches, i only need to close all the L1's, correct?
Secondly, is there anyway i could permanently damage my processor by closing the wrong circuits or something?
Finally, any tips from people who have done this before? i hope no one's had a bad experience.

thx for the time, oh and do i really need to get a multimeter? dont feel like going down to my grandpa's house and borrowing it. thx.

OldBear

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2001
Just close the L1 bridges. I used red nail polish instead of super glue
because some people were claiming super glue was conductive. The nail
polish is a lot easier to see also. I am running a XP1800+ at 1.69MHz with
a 1.775v core and fsb of 135. Just follow Tom's guide and it will work but
be very patient.

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah, lots of people have had bad experiences. The thing my friend ran into was be very careful when scraping between the bridges or you'll scrape off the brown layer down to the conductive grid below. That's where he failed. Didn't boot till he cleaned everything off... he gave up unlocking!

Scout