will this work to unlock xp 2000 ?

rob_hten

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2002
try to visualize this

L1 o-| o-| o-| o-| o-| <--bridges
.... = | = | = | = | = | <--this would be the"burn holes"
... o-| o-| o-| o-| o-| <--bridges

dashes and pipes would represent some sort of conductive material (pls disregard the dots - i had to use it to format the characters properly).

if i were able to connect the L1 bridges for an xp 2000 in this manner, will this result in unlocking it? or do i absolutely have to use some type of filler for the gaps? i used an eyepiece from a microscope to look at the bridges and got this idea.

Andyddr

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Filler is not absolutly needed if you are using a solid substance (eg wire) but I would still recommend you fill the gaps if only for the suport. I could not find concudtive lacquer ANYWHERE so I opted to go the wire route by using very thin silver wire as found in an old VGA card fan. By cutting the wire into five equal (small) pieces and applying Scotch tape over it I managed to unlock my XP.

If you have a microscope you could always try micro-soldering the wire (much better than the Scotch tape idea). Expect to pull a few hairs out though! You will need a very very fine soldering iron and hours of patience. So the answer to the question is yes it will.

Your new hardware is out-of-date