A much easier way to unlock your XP

Cogo

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2003
I have tried the usual way to unlock the XP processor (the way that thg's shows) it's works but it takes some time and work. I simply was out of superglue so I improvised.

I don't know if this way is already out in open, anyway I haven't seen it. Maybe I haven't looked so hard either. But here it is.

It's of course the same bridges (L1)

(excuse my poor english)

What you need:

*Liquid Cunductive Silver
*And a, sharp-edged lead pencil or crayon (low or non-conductive)
*A sharp knife, nail or another sharp object

Here's the way to go:

1.Take the pen and just fill the laser holes with it, doesn't matter if i covers the bridges, it can easally be cleaned away when your finished covering the holes. Just make sure that the hole are covered so that no silver may make it's way thru.

2. Take the sharp knife or object and dip it in some silver (use very little, each time). Then nicely and smoothly draw a film/line between the bridge.

Then relax and wait for the silver to dry. And it should work just fine. At least work for me on my XP 1800+ :)

Have a nice day

-------------
What I didn't write in the post at first time is that is should be low or rather non conductive pencils. Should take that to consideration.

For me it work with an ordinary pencil, though it is much safer to use some other pencils, maybe like crayon
-------------
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Cogo on 02/28/03 12:22 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

phreeze

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2003
I have a Athlon XP 1800 also, except it looks a little different from the THG guide. I don't see any burn holes on any of the L1 bridges. Is it possible the L1 bridges are already closed? I can see a fine line, like the L1 is connected but no burn holes. I'm going to take a image of it and put it on a page.

svol

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2001
INTERESTING! I'm going to try this on my Palomino... it sure is a pain in the ass with unlocking and maybe this will work.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek: