AndrewBrodie

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2003
I am looking to unlock a 2500 XP with a Barton core. From Tom's article, I saw that you could tie two pins together with a copper loop to defeat the multiplier lock. I tried to do this and it is a lot harder then it looks. Getting the loop around the two pins is a challenge, getting it tight is nearly impossible. I was wondering if I could place a jumper (small strand of copper bent in a u shape) between the two holes in the Socket A on the motherboard? This is a lot easier to do, but will it work or will it cause problems? If anyone has done this, let me know if you have been successful. I am using an ABIT NF7-S V1.2 motherboard.

Thanks.

svol

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2001
You mean inside the holes of the socket? Only when it is really thin copper wire... otherwise it will prevent the CPU from being mounted inside the socket correctly.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:

AndrewBrodie

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2003
Thanks for your feedback. I think I will go with the defroster repair kit alternative that bridges the pins on the back of the motherboard. I will not have to worry about the wire slipping loose or interfering with insertion of the pins.

I heard that this will unlock the lower multipliers. Is there anyway to unlock the higher multipliers? Athlon XP 2500 Barton core.

Thanks again.