unlocking the cpu multiplier or ratio

cedric

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
:!: :x Hey is it possible to unlock the cpu multiplier or cpu ratio if it is locked. i cannot o'clock my intel system .I have heard some people saying they can change that ratio or multiplier.

cedric

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
:roll: No is it possible ,i don't know as there may be new ways that have been developed. take for ex the 5gtz project to attain such a speed the cpu multiplier must have been modified.there is a limit freq to which a northbridge of a mobo can support and the THQ team overided such limit using a custom mobo .I had taken a long absence to this forum due to som work . now am in holiday and i will be here everyday till the end .i talk sense, not nonsense

RichPLS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
used to you could manually jump pins, but now the traces are under a soi, so are not accessable without destroying chip, so the answer for current chips is no.

cedric

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
Thanks .So we r still going with the old way :make a change with the fsb, see the preformance until everything is burn out.i read all the TH articles just to catch up . that project with the 8 gallons of oil is really incredible ! :p

TRENDING THREADS