Chaintech 6200 NV43 A2 BIOS Pipe Unlock - Help pls

ir_efrem

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
riva tune softmod works flawlessly - i just need some decent direction on how to edit the bios ROM dump file to unlock Pixel Unit 0 - i looked around in the ROM file via a hex editor - tried searching for a few different values

needless to say my search was fruitless and i didnt end up editing anything because i dont know what im looking for

if anyway has some practical advice please let me know

thanks everyone...

ir_efrem

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
Chaintech 6200 256mb local memory not that turbocache crap

i got it from newegg in the refurb section - i looked there the other night and they had another card exactly the same as mine

just so you know my 3dmark05 score jumped up a full 25% after the softmod

anyhow - anyone out there with some decent BIOS modification info?

ir_efrem

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
ya know i can't be to sure about 128/64bit

my card says its 128/64 bit advanced archetecture
what does this mean - god i dunno

i updated my bios on my card to a 6600 bios and all it well Btw - running with 8 pipes with zero errors

my rig is the afore mentioned card with a Sempron 64 3400+ mild overclock 2200mhz (which might change later)
Biostar 6100 M7 mobo with 2 sticks of 512mb samsung ram oh and 2x 40gig 10000 RPM scsi drives

runs everything i want it to quite well, including BF2 1280x960 *i think thats it* (my monitors max) everything turned on all settings at high - cant complain for the price

still one oddity left - linux tool NVClock doesnt show *Pixel Unit 0* as enabled - even though my current windows utility does hmmmmmm

ir_efrem

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
nevermind to anyone that reads this - i got it working well enough in both linux and windows - used soft mods on both OSs anywho.............

FeareX

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Nice to unlock it, but how about overclocking? Does it goes high? (for example i dont like bf2 on high with my system on default gpu speeds, i know i need another gig of ram for high detail).

How much FPS you get in bf2?

ir_efrem

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
FPS in BF2 ??
no idea - im just playing gulf of oman demo
i never benchmark games *ever*
i dont like using benchmarks much at all really - i used 3dmark as a base comparison, just so i would know if my attempts at unlocking the extra pixel units had any effect

as far as over clocking the card - this is something i havent tried yet - the HSF is total crap and i do mean total

its just a thin peice of aluminum with bent up edges to give the fan a spot to set on
ive put on a HSF from an dino nvidia card (lil bit of irony here) and it droped my over temps by nearly 15 degrees

went from 70C to 55C idle (seems to me 55C idle is still to high) or my video card isnt reporting it correctly - it jump up to nearly 80C at full load - also seems to high - but it was worse before

anyhow ill be attaching an old Pentium HSF to it here soon hopefully this helps even more

dont wanna OC at all till i drop the temps a lot

FeareX

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
On hot days my G6600 idles at 56*C or something. And top temps are around 80*C (with OC) and 73*C (non OC).

The G6 series can handle up to 85*C. So your temps are ok :wink: .