Phenom 550 BE Unlock

vind

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Sorry for my bad english, currently working on unlock to extra 2 core, but something very strange, i tried on Asus M4a785td-M Evo, it does allow unlock another one core which make it to tri core(0,1,3). If i try on pushing it to four core, cpu will never boot up, added little bit voltage make it able to boot but unable to boot into windows 7(auto restart on loading screen and then cpu will never boot up).
so i brought another board which is Gigabyte Ga-Ma785gt-ud3h, whatever i do on enable hybrid mode and set to auto, no core can be unlock, totally cannot unlock(stay dual core)...anyone know what exactly the problem is? thanks.

RiP_Dimebag

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
Not all 550's are able to unlock the 4th core. It just come down to luck of the draw. Some batches of this cpu have more success than other, but in the end, those extra cores were disabled for a reason by AMD. If I were you, I'd leave it as a 2 or 3 core. Unless you are into some really heavy video editing or something like that, you'd hardly ever get any use of that 4th core anyways.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
you must have a bad core. if one fails to boot one one mobo, it will be the same on the next. the gigabyte ones either unlock or they dont, hence why it wont boot.

you can get a tri core, which is better than some get. but you dont have a fully working quad like some (me :))

vind

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
i tried back on Asus board, which can unlock to "4" quad, bios bootup screen show 4 core, but the problem occur when booting windows 7....sometimes Blank screen, some show Starting windows without loading at all(The loading bar become Green color). stuck forever :fou:

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
yeah, thats most liekly a bad core. you can try raising Vcore, and NB voltage a little. if that doesnt work, lower clockspeed and see if it boots.

basically, one core doesnt work so windows wont load. it may just be a lack of voltage, but i get the impression one core is faulty.