AMD Athlon X3 435 core unlock issue

imwithstupid118

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
I was able to get my fourth core to unlock and it runs stable in prime 95 and 3dmark. All good right? When i boot I get an error message Slui.exe Application Error (code:0xc0000142) Application failed to initialize. After that happens i get a message saying windows defender can't start and it says my copy of windows isn't authentic or genuine. I don't understand why it is doing this and it is very aggrovating. Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Well, for some reason it's stating your copy of Windows 7 isn't genuine. Are you using a cracked version of Windows?

SLUI.EXE is the program that does the activation and checking of Windows to ensure it's genuine.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
It can also happen if you had the Processors ID TAG --- Enabled in the bios during the original install.
And later after a few updates you unlocked the 4th Core.......------ For the PC and esp for Windows , thats a configuration change, so the main activation checker is going to have problems.
Not everyone has this problem, since it's windows and everyone has a different experience with it.

Still if your package is genuine, get in touch with Microsoft Tech support, they will rectify it.
And they do help.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Ok. Since it's an OEM, you had better get in touch with the Microsoft Tech Support, they will certainly set it right. Although it took me 3 weeks of correspondence with them that could solve my Genuinity issue.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
You replaced the guts? In other words, the motherboard? That makes the OEM copy no longer valid. You can TRY to call Microsoft and as long as you replaced it with the same make and model motherboard that you had, you might be able to get it re-enabled. Otherwise, you're out of luck because once you replace the motherboard, the OEM copy is no longer valid. It's tied to the motherboard you activated the copy on. That's how it's always been with OEM copies. With the retail versions, you can move them from machine to machine. They are not tied to one machine.