AMD Phenom II X3 740 Black Edition unlock core

luthifer

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
I was thinking of muying a Phenom II X3 740 BE but i dont see much information about an unlockable core. How would I go about doing this if it is even possible??

Solution

They do have cores that can unlock. To do so it would be the same as other cpu's that can unlock. Some of the newer Motherboards have an core unlocker feature, other than that i believe you need to go to the bios and set acc to auto or if the motherboard came with a utility to change system settings in windows sometimes they have a section in that. to unlock cores. also some motherboards such as gigabyte i think you can set the firmware to hybrid and turn acc on and that works. Ive not tried to unlock cores before but i have just ordered that cpu and am waiting for it...

PhunkySKunk

Distinguished
May 12, 2009

They do have cores that can unlock. To do so it would be the same as other cpu's that can unlock. Some of the newer Motherboards have an core unlocker feature, other than that i believe you need to go to the bios and set acc to auto or if the motherboard came with a utility to change system settings in windows sometimes they have a section in that. to unlock cores. also some motherboards such as gigabyte i think you can set the firmware to hybrid and turn acc on and that works. Ive not tried to unlock cores before but i have just ordered that cpu and am waiting for it to come in the mail.

Solution