Core Unlocker and a 955 BE....

randomhero1090

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Ok. 1st build. Already planning. Parts starting to arrive today. Gonna OC because...well...why not. Got me a 955 BE. Got this mobo....Asus M4N75TD

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=b6R5QXWNOAJzwcUx&templete=2

Read the AMD BE OC Guide. Great stuff. Probably need to read it a bunch of times. However, my concern. This mobo has a "Core Unlocker" feature. Well, if I am not mistaken, the cores of the 955 BE are already unlocked. So is it as simple as NOT using this feature on the ASUS board and going about my business?

I ask because I read a review over at TD that states the "Core Unlocker" feature and a 965 were NOT compatible. Well.... Isn't the 965 a BE? So doesn't that mean the cores are already unlocked???

If I am going to have issues doing OC'ing with this board and processor combo, i'll send the board back without even opening it.

randomhero1090

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Ahhh...see...this is why a noob like me reads stuff at least 3 times.

Re-read the AMD OC BE guide... AMD BEs have an "unlocked multiplier" which I might have got confused with an "unlocked core." I assumed they are one in the same... Are they?

henydiah

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
- unlocked multiplier is divider (multiplier * x FSB = clock CPU Ghz), just check standard in AMD example 955BE multiplier 17 if OC u can increase to 20 or more

- unlock core iis 3 core to 4core / 4core to 6core (x3 to X4 / X4 to X6 )