Atlhon II 425 x3 2.7Ghz Overclock and Unlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

elpcavy21

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Just posting my results with the Athlon II 425 x3 with an Asus M4A785-M Mobo!
I managed to Unlock the 4th core and the 6MB L3 cache with by setting Advanced Core Calibration to Auto and choosing 4 core operation in the unleashing mode menu.
I also got the processor to 3.2Ghz which scores a 7.3 in the Windows experiance index
the processor has been running fine this way for about a week now with about 4 hours play everyday

here is my CPU-Z Processors Page
320Ghz.jpg

:bounce: FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
wow, that is excellent.

so you pretty much have a phenom II 965? for the price of an athlon 425?

epic win.

man, suddenly my 550 doesn't seem so awesome...

EDIT: and at 1.32 vCore? have you prime95d it at that voltage? wow, thats pretty amazing...

*jealous*

randomkid

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
"A Phenom II 955 for the price of an Athlon 425."

But yes, if he push the OC to 3.4Ghz then it will be the equivalent of the 965. And judging by his current voltage, it wont be hard to do either I think...

elpcavy21

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I was planning on prime95 today, I'll post whatever results I get!

And I haven't looked into pushing it farther as I'm kinda new to this overclocking stuff so I didn't want to screw it up since I just built the computer but if you guys wanna help let's do it I'll push it to see at what point it's not stable any more.

To get it to 3.4ghz should I just increase the bus speed to 252? And wouldn't I have to decrease the memory and pci/gpu clock in the bios before hand?

G

Basically yes but u will need to increase the Vcore as well plus u will need a good cpu cooler if not water
Your memory frequency will increase too so make sure your mem is cooled properly..
Don't touch the pci/gpu bus..
If you prime it post some pics of Hardware monitor...
Good luck and keep us posted..

Status
Not open for further replies.