Unlocking Phenom II X2 555 BE with Biostar A880G+

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoyee417

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Hello guys, before i try to unlock my CPU i would like to hear from you first. i also have a few questions with regards to unlocking..

What do you suggest me to do to unlock the extra cores successfully and make it stable? Do i need to change the stock cpu heatsink? If it fails,what measures will i take?

Solution
In your bios, look for A.C.C. theres an option of B.S.P., allcores and per core stick it to all cores andif your chips good when you save and reboot into bios again it should show you as having mores cores, bear in mind the cores may have been locked due to being defective/unstable, its not guaranteed to unlock well
No extra heatsink is required to unlock cores, however if your overclocking it may be a wise purchase for more extreme clockspeeds
read the Black edition guides on here and elsewhere on the net to see you through the more detailed parts, and go easy, small steps in overclocking :)
Moto

Motopsychojdn

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
In your bios, look for A.C.C. theres an option of B.S.P., allcores and per core stick it to all cores andif your chips good when you save and reboot into bios again it should show you as having mores cores, bear in mind the cores may have been locked due to being defective/unstable, its not guaranteed to unlock well
No extra heatsink is required to unlock cores, however if your overclocking it may be a wise purchase for more extreme clockspeeds
read the Black edition guides on here and elsewhere on the net to see you through the more detailed parts, and go easy, small steps in overclocking :)
Moto

Solution

simon12

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
+1 to the above. You don't normally have to make it stable just check its stable by running prime 95 or similar, this will also allow you to bcheck the max temps to see if you need a better cooler. If it fails just reset the bios and try just 3 cores.

shoyee417

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
wow, thanks for that info..I'm really quite a newbie to this kind of stuff and i worry too much. Will a fail in unlocking my chip lead to damaging it permanently and leaving it unusable? Because unlocking it's extra cores is a very tempting..hehe

Motopsychojdn

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
No, if two cores are defective/dont meet quadcore quality measures, it is repackaged as the dualcore, those 2 cores are fine,
if you try unlocking them and it doesn't pan out, just relock the 2 duff cores and continue as you would normally,
Moto

shoyee417

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
A.C.C. FAILED.. Well, i guess my chip is just meant for dual core..I tried unlocking just the 3rd core but still it says ACC failed.

Anyhow, that was worth a try..after doing some research, i finally came to a conclusion.hehe

Thanks for your help guys especially to motopsychojdn for your effort answering my questions.

Motopsychojdn

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Dont forget to try the fourth one as well, if you do it per core and try cpu's 0,1 and 3, (cores are numbered from zero) and then 0,1, and 2, you might luck out and have a triple there, Thank you for B.a. as well
Good luck,
Moto

shoyee417

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
I tried to unlock the fourth core using the "Bio-unlocKING" feature of my mobo by pressing F4 on post however it still says it failed after reboot. Now i tried to unlock it manually by setting the ACC to "per core", but I don't know how to set it. Below the ACC option,it says:

Core 0 (value) : -2%
Core 1 (value) : -2%
Core 2 (value) : -2%
Core 3 (value) : -2%

Will it do any harm to my processor if not my whole system if i try to increase my Vcore from 1.38 to 1.43 and my Vcpu-nb from 1.2 to 1.35?? because I've read somewhere else that it might help..

Motopsychojdn

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Check your chips voltage limits before you do, look it up on the amd site
but if its set at -2% its under-rating the cores, I have mine set at 0% and use the Ez overclock function to boost it, not sure if your bios has that though
it may just be that you only have 2 good cores though,
Moto

shoyee417

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
If i set it at 0% and use the Ez overclock fxn, will it make the cores perform better? I also tried to look for the safe limits of my chip's voltage and the values i mentioned should be fine..

Well, if i just got 2 good cores then I'll have to settle with it then..hehe But i would still give it a shot to unlock cores 3 and 4 up to the safe limits..

Motopsychojdn

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Give it a go if you wish, but at least now you know the limits your playing with,
the ez overclock thing on mine,
I can set it for 5% increments so I decide if I want 5,10,15% etc and the system makes it happen, no messing with voltages or anything
(although I set my ram myself to get the best from that, ez clock underspeeds it for me
Best of luck man, post back how you get on with it :)
Moto

Status
Not open for further replies.