hilbz462

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
Hey guys!

so my new builds up and running great. Now im tryign to figure out how to unlock the 4th core/overclock my cpu

I have an AMD Phenom II x3 720 (which was supposedly able to unlock 4th core)
on a MSI 880gm-e41 Mobo.

anyone know how this is done of have done it?

saint19

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Hi.

Update your BIOS to the latest available version and get try to unlock the extra core, your mobo comes with an option for unlock hidden cores in the BIOS. Keep in mind than that option is not 100% stable and not always works.

hilbz462

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
Sorry, im really new to oclocking etc and how to do that. my bios should be updated, i just did the drivers today.

I opened up AMD overdrive, which is the software that came with the mobo, but it just displays all the information and im not sure how to change it exactly.

saint19

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
In the same place where you found the drivers (MSI's web page), look for the BIOS download and download the latest version, install MSI LiveUpdate and use it for update the BIOS to the latest one.

Don't use AMD Overdrive, is more safe overclock using the BIOS.

Motopsychojdn

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Amd overdrivel :p
You should have an option in your bios screen for unlocking core, I dont know M.S.I.'s version but Asrock uses A.C.C. so look for something along those lines in your bios screens, should be under the cpu tab
and as mentioned, unlocking is not guaranteed to be successful or stable,
but overclocking is still an option
Moto

TRENDING THREADS