AMD phenom II X2 555 unlocking .. PROBLEM

the elve

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
I got this processor up in the title and i tried to unlock the 4 cores but somthing strange had happened

when i try to unlock them it freeze WHILE I AM IN A GAME i know it`S unstable but when i tried to close the 4th core and

make it 3 cores only or triple core it works without any problem (i thought the 4th core defected so i closed it)

i tried yesterday to close the 3rd core and make 1,2,4 are active cores it works great

the question is i thought that th 4th core is defected but when i included it with my other 2 cores it works how on earth this happened?

I mean i hadn`t a core defected then???

how can i make 4 cores available if there is no core defected

SPECS

MOBO:ASUS M5A97

VGA:SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB GDDR5

PSU:GAMMA 500 WATT

MEM: G-SKILL 4GB 1600 MHZ

Solution
Well, it could be that the CPU has a problem in the interconnects between core 3 and 4. So that if they are both enabled they will cause an instability.

Also, it could be a voltage issue, maybe the voltage is not sufficiently stable with 4 cores running, or crosstalk internal to the chip.

It could be anything like this, and there is no realistic way to find out that I know of.

You should be happy you got a free core out of it and leave it at that IMHO.

americanbrian

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
Well, it could be that the CPU has a problem in the interconnects between core 3 and 4. So that if they are both enabled they will cause an instability.

Also, it could be a voltage issue, maybe the voltage is not sufficiently stable with 4 cores running, or crosstalk internal to the chip.

It could be anything like this, and there is no realistic way to find out that I know of.

You should be happy you got a free core out of it and leave it at that IMHO.

Solution

sneeks83

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Dude your 500watt PSU is NOT enough i had a 500 watt with a 6850 asus and had the same issues upgrade your power supply to 650 or more and you wont have anymore problems