Need help trying to unlock 960T.

twstd1

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
I've just purchased and built my budget box gaming machine and I gotta say it's a sexy beast! Woooo Hoooo! lol but seriously I'm thinking about trying to unlock my 960T and I'm not really sure how to go about it. My ASRock 870extreme R2.0 AM3+ MoBo has the UCC option in the bios and as far as I know you just enable that setting and you'll either reboot with 6 cores or not? I'm not sure if that's exactly how it works but so far that's how it seems from all the research I've done but here's my question: Do I need to have an OS installed to do this? As soon as I got this baby put together I went into the BIOS and figured why not just set this to enabled now and reboot and then see if the BIOS shows my X4 as an X6? So I did it and then nothing it shut off and then maybe tried to reboot?!?! not really sure because I had to force it to shut down and then turn it back on to get it to POST and get back into the BIOS. When I went back into the BIOS it still showed up as an X4 so I'm not really sure if I went about this in the right way or not. I haven't tried changing the setting again since the OS install simply because I just figured that I was happy with the X4 anyway but I would like to know if it may still be possible to unlock the other 2 cores or is it just not going to happen? Would really love to know for sure.... So thanks in advance for any help!

Solution
Looks like there bad cores mate, unlock core just lucky and depend on your chip .. try overclock 4core get max potential speed and it's better way