Acer, Windows mixed reality left controller doesnt respond

Dec 24, 2018
I bought my headset and controllers 3 days ago and hooked them up to a cousins laptop because i was missing a bluetooth adapter and a cord. Everything worked fine on his laptop except the left controller, it would lose tracking and start flying off alot. I assumed it was just because his laptop didnt have bluetooth 4.0 so i didnt think much of it until i got what i needed for my pc and hooked everything up.
I got to where i needed to pair the left controller and it wouldnt pair unless i held it right next to the bluetooth adapter (4.0)
i got everything setup and went into the mixed reality portal but my left controller still wasnt there.
The right controller worked perfectly anywhere in my room but the left controller only worked when its 3-4 inches from the bluetooth adapter.
ive done everything ive read about from unpairing and repairing to factory resetting the controllers.
the bluetooth adapter is plugged into a normal 2.0 usb without the SS symbol.
there isnt andy direct sunlight and the lights are on.
Returning it for a new one is the last option.
I dont want to say its the bluetooth because the right controller works just fine on it but i dont want to say its the controller becaue the controller worked pretty good on my cousins laptop that didnt have bluetooth 4.0
i could get the left controller to track up to 10 feet away from his laptop but couldnt get it to even connect without having it 4 inches away from my bluetooth adapter.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Dec 24, 2018

I just connected it to my cousins again and the left one connected just fine while the right one had troubles this time.

Dec 24, 2018

The pc check says it can run everything and i dont have any other bluetooth connected to the adapter

I'm not concerned if it's connected. I'm concerned that it's in the area causing interference and it's not just Bluetooth. Cell Phones? Cordless Phones? Non-IR Remote Controls? Is the PC itself connected via Ethernet or Wireless?

-Wolf sends

Dec 24, 2018

Oh ok, theres 2 cellphones and im not using and ethernet connection but i am using 5ghz wifi

Check to make sure Bluetooth is off for both cell phones and then try again. If that doesn't change anything then try turning them completely off and try again. Also try using the Ethernet connection and turning off the PC's WiFi.

-Wolf sends

Dec 24, 2018

Ill try that.
i got both controllers to show up in mixed reality portal by holding the left controller right up the the adapter and it said it had a update so i held it there until the lights stopped spiraling but the left controller still disappears when i get about a foot away from the adapter while the right one is able to go down the hall without losing connection.
when it was connected it was doing the same thing it did with my cousins computer by spazzing out and flying away until it just completly disappears.

I will occasionally have a similar experience with my Lenovo WMR controllers, but a reboot of my system typically takes care of that. I would note that my cell phone is right next to my Ethernet connected PC and I usually do not have any issues.

-Wolf sends

Dec 24, 2018
Yes, ive changed them multible times.
i heard a usb extender might help, is that just a cord that plugs into a usb port and another usb can be plugged into it or is it like a signal booster?

Dec 24, 2018

Ok, ill go to the store tommorow and pick up a WMR recommended bluetooth adapter and see.
if that doesnt work it looks like i might have to return my headset.