Solved! Other ways around Oculus SetUp

Mar 5, 2018
I've got an Oculus Rift again, and I'm trying to install the set up.
I'm using the Win + R window to get it to download into my hard drive instead of my limited SSD (because just clicking the setup from my downloads folder causes it to tell me I don't have enough space. Despite having changed my downloads folder to the hard drive...) but having got past that it says that it can't connect to the Oculus servers.

It's a stab in a well-lit room, but are there any ways to get it working without going through Oculus?

Solution
More than likely, it's set up to automatically check the Oculus servers for any required updates and I doubt there is any way to "get around" that. Downloading to the secondary hard drive is fine, but anything that needs to be installed is likely going to end up on your SSD without an option to select elsewhere.

I'd start looking for a larger SSD.

-Wolf sends
More than likely, it's set up to automatically check the Oculus servers for any required updates and I doubt there is any way to "get around" that. Downloading to the secondary hard drive is fine, but anything that needs to be installed is likely going to end up on your SSD without an option to select elsewhere.

I'd start looking for a larger SSD.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Mar 5, 2018

Yeah, I ended up just shifting some pics around and downloading it there.

You got any recc's while I'm here? I've got a free M.2 spot.

Adding more storage isn't the solution. You need to replace you C: Drive with something larger. In order for me to make that recommendation, I'd need to know what you already have in there, but a general rule of thumb (these days) is at least 256GB, though I recommend at least 500GB for an SSD,

-Wolf sends