Mixed Reality Graphics Card Help

Dec 18, 2018
Hi, I know you get a lot of questions about minimum requirements so I hate to add another one but I keep seeing mixed answers online. Looking into getting a Lenovo Explorer VR headset and I'm not sure if my graphics card on my laptop will run VR. Here are my computers stats,

HP Notebook 17-Y015CY
Graphics Card--Radeon R7
Graphics Driver--WDDM 2.3
CPU--AMD A12-9700p Radeon R7 10 computer cores 4c+6g 2.50GHz
Ram--12 GB

I pass everything on mixed reality pc check except the bluetooth and it does not test the graphics card R7.

I'm new to VR on PC. I thank you for your time.

Solution
Well, your GPU meets the absolute minimums. It is at least better than the UHD 620, which is the absolute minimum, buy 12%. The problem is that you are basically getting it for entertainment at that level. Almost nothing for games will run. If you just wanted to do pictures and movies you'd probably be ok.

Honestly, it might be a waste. You aren't going to be able to run much. What you will be able to run might be nausea inducing.

What exactly are you going to be using it for?

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
Well, your GPU meets the absolute minimums. It is at least better than the UHD 620, which is the absolute minimum, buy 12%. The problem is that you are basically getting it for entertainment at that level. Almost nothing for games will run. If you just wanted to do pictures and movies you'd probably be ok.

Honestly, it might be a waste. You aren't going to be able to run much. What you will be able to run might be nausea inducing.

What exactly are you going to be using it for?

Solution
Dec 18, 2018

That was my fear. Thank you!!

Dec 18, 2018

It would be for games. Yeah that was kinda what I thought unfortunately. I have Gear VR for the phone so that will have to do for a year or so til its time to upgrade the computer.

Thank you for your help. Saved me $100