Oculus set up issues

Bulldog007

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
I have just bought Oculus Rift and I have a slight issue. My 4k pc screen is plugged into the pc via the hdmi connection out of the graphics card GTX1080. Oculus needs to be plugged into the graphics card hdmi slot so unplug the screen and then what. I have tried a to plug the screen into a hdmi to dvi connection on the m/board but that does not work. I have also tried to plug the screen into the hdmi slot on the m/board I changed the screen resolution thinking that the dvi port needed a lower res but still nothing. I have changed screens from the 4k to a tv and also a dvi to dvi older screen and still cannot get a screen to work. The OR is ready and waiting when I can overcome the screen issue. I am sure this is a quick fix but I am stumped. Any ideas.

Solution
Use an adapter for your graphics card to the HDMI input your monitor requires. Probably a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter would work.

-Wolf sends

Bulldog007

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013

So to be clear I will unplug the monitor hdmi cable from the graphics card on my pc and Oculus Rift needs to be plugged in the hdmi slot on the graphics card. So my 4k monitor cannot be plugged into the hdmi graphics card as there is only 1 slot taken by OR. There is a DVI and HDMI on the motherboard however a DVI to hdmi adapter does not work. Are you saying that I plug the hdmi cable from the monitor into a displayport to hdmi adapter and then connect the monitor via the hdmi on the motherboard as that is the only other hdmi slot I have. Will that work?