Solved! Can't connect to my home wifi

brca098

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017
Hey guys,
so the problem is that my phone is showing my wifi home connection as extremely poor and can't connect to it. But all other phones can normally connect and are showing good connection with wifi.
On the other hand, I can normally connect to all other wifi networks wherever I go.

So it seems my home wifi works, but my phone's wifi also works since it can connect to all other networks except my home network.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Solution
Try this...

1. Forget your WiFi info on the phone.
2. Turn off the phone's WiFi.
3. Restart (turn off and on) the phone.
4. While the phone is off, reboot the modem/router (turn it off and back on).
5. Once the modem/router is back up fully (it can take a few minutes), turn on your phone's WiFi and try connecting to yours.
6. If it still gives you trouble, try turning off 'data' on the phone and see if that gives you a better signal.

NOTE: If you have data on your phone plan, it wont work while that is off, so you will have to decide (should that make a difference in your WiFi speed) if you want to keep the data off or not. At least while using that WiFi.
Try this...

1. Forget your WiFi info on the phone.
2. Turn off the phone's WiFi.
3. Restart (turn off and on) the phone.
4. While the phone is off, reboot the modem/router (turn it off and back on).
5. Once the modem/router is back up fully (it can take a few minutes), turn on your phone's WiFi and try connecting to yours.
6. If it still gives you trouble, try turning off 'data' on the phone and see if that gives you a better signal.

NOTE: If you have data on your phone plan, it wont work while that is off, so you will have to decide (should that make a difference in your WiFi speed) if you want to keep the data off or not. At least while using that WiFi.

Solution