Facebook Portal Review: A No-So-Smart Display

Nov 21, 2018
LOL, these guys tried to make the device more dumb han it is. Portal is a really best one display for video call right now.

Dec 11, 2018
...And the people who buy this are buying it for one main reason: To make video phone calls. Not everyone is a plugged in, 20-something junior exec on the go with an automated house. There a boatload of grandparents getting them for xmas. My folks included. For what this does, it does way better than the competition. For those who don't sweat the cost, it's a clear winner. Tom has obviously missed the point.

Dec 26, 2018
Well obviously y'all havent explored the Portal or updated it. I just set mine up (12-25-18) and I love it so far. I saw post that you couldn't see your FB account, well I can and even watched some videos someone had posted. I've watched youtube videos, and there is a Google Chrome browser, WE went to several websites, including yahoo that my hubby uses as one of his news sources. We have done several video calls and it works great. I did go to netflix on my browser ... I can see my account and movies etc, however, it will not play the movie (HEY PORTAL - get your act together and get with netflix to make this work). We bought our two sons one so we can stay connected with grandkids.. I would HIGHLY recommend the Portal or Portal+ (which we have)