Solved! My RCA tablet wont go past the two white dogs

Nov 16, 2018
I've been dealing with this since July, 2018, and I haven't found any solutions. Could anyone help? The only way I can get it on is if I factory reset which only let's me play for three days before it relapses. Please help me.

Solution
Sounds like something you are installing is giving you problems. Have you tried starting it up in "Safe Mode" to see if it will fully load then? If it does, then you likely have a bad app, virus or malware that is being installed when download an app or file, or visit a specific site. The only way to resolve that, should it be the case, would be to remove the problem app, virus, malware, etc. and not readd whatever is causing the problem to the tablet.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe...
Sounds like something you are installing is giving you problems. Have you tried starting it up in "Safe Mode" to see if it will fully load then? If it does, then you likely have a bad app, virus or malware that is being installed when download an app or file, or visit a specific site. The only way to resolve that, should it be the case, would be to remove the problem app, virus, malware, etc. and not readd whatever is causing the problem to the tablet.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution
Nov 16, 2018
The only thing that I download are the updates for the apps that are already installed ever since I've had this tablet. Also I can sometimes get into my tablet if I keep trying over the course of days without factory resetting, but once I get in it's like all my apps start crashing and saying: "Calendar has stopped" or "Launcher3 has stopped working".

I would still try it in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem happens in there.

In the end (unless it is a hardware issue) you may want to consider doing a "Hard Reset" on the tablet to clear it out completely and start fresh. Just be sure you back up all personal stuff, files, photos, contacts, etc. (everything but apps) to a computer, online account, etc. so you will have them to reinstall after.

Nov 16, 2018
By "Safe Mode" you mean the Android recovery screen right? If so then yes, I can get into that. That is actually the only way I've been able to reset my tablet but it shuts down after a few days. In Safe Mode how would I go about looking for the problems??

The instructions for "Safe Mode" are above, in my first reply. No. It isn't to reset it. It is to run the device in a restricted a.k.a. 'Safe' mode so that only things that should be able to run on the device can. Most apps added will not run, etc. This is a great way to check a device to see if the problem occurs in there or not. Then you can get a better sense of if it is software or hardware related.

Nov 16, 2018

Good. So if it will let you in, then you should check the device for the issues. Bad apps, viruses, malware, etc. I would also back up all your personal stuff to either a cloud account, a google account or a computer, just in case the tablet goes bad, or you have to "Hard Reset" it. This way you don't lose your things. Just remember, you can't back up the apps.