P IIx2> p IIx3 ,can it reach p IIx4 ????????????

crimsondivel

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
i was tying to unlock my cpu today and i was lucky to unlock one xtra core is the is any hope unlocking the 4th ????

when i enable the 4 th core the pc boots normally untill it reaches the black screen with win 7 logo in the middle then the screen goes into colors and reboots ?
tried increasing the voltage the same result ???

Solution
Yeah, if its not happening at 1.5v its not happening, any more voltage is going to be dangerous and temps will already be high enough I'd think,
Leave as a triplecore and enjoy,
Moto

crimsondivel

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012

stock voltage 1.4 increased up to 1.5 and wouldnt boot with 4 cores enables > x4 wont boot
so i disabled the 3rd core and kept the 4th running @1.4mv > x3 very stable

Motopsychojdn

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Yeah, if its not happening at 1.5v its not happening, any more voltage is going to be dangerous and temps will already be high enough I'd think,
Leave as a triplecore and enjoy,
Moto

Solution

Hazle

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
most PII x2's and PII x3's are basically PII x4's with one or two faulty cores disabled. there's a reason why you can't use that 4th core and why AMD marketed it as a dual core, and you've pretty much seen it yourself.

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
AMD Disables these cores for a reason.

they fail to pass the manufactures stability / quality control tests

consider your self lucky to unlock one of the disabled cores as unlocking is not guaranteed but a bit of a lottery.

and put some spaces in your sig or change the : to a - as its just coming out as :p