Solved! Which smart hub is better?

Solution
This is really a personal preference. Both have very similar features and compatibility. Both have Z-Wave and Zigbee. Both work with Alexa and Google Assistant.

I think some people are concerned that Wink was purchased by will.i.am since he isn't a big tech name. People aren't sure if Wink has any serious lasting power. The company has had a few owners over the years.

A lot of SmartThings users complain about server outages and reliability issues. SmartThings is owned by Samsung, which is a huge company, but Home Automation isn't their primary (or secondary...or tertiary) business.

I had a Wink for a while and I really liked it. Other people swear by SmartThings.

Maybe you can tell us a little more about what you want to do...
Oct 22, 2018
This is really a personal preference. Both have very similar features and compatibility. Both have Z-Wave and Zigbee. Both work with Alexa and Google Assistant.

I think some people are concerned that Wink was purchased by will.i.am since he isn't a big tech name. People aren't sure if Wink has any serious lasting power. The company has had a few owners over the years.

A lot of SmartThings users complain about server outages and reliability issues. SmartThings is owned by Samsung, which is a huge company, but Home Automation isn't their primary (or secondary...or tertiary) business.

I had a Wink for a while and I really liked it. Other people swear by SmartThings.

Maybe you can tell us a little more about what you want to do, which will help us provide a better answer.

Solution
Oct 25, 2018
As said in the previous response, it is completely a personal preference.

I know its not one of the two hubs you listed, however I have played around with Wink, Smart things, as well as Vera. Of the 3 I would have to say my favorite was Vera. Just seems to have more customization. The other two just didn't seem to me to have the same level of customization when it comes to 1) Creation of scenes, 2) Automation abilities such as scheduled events, 3) Plugins to work with other things such as Phillips Hue or other network devices such as a A/V receiver or TV, and 4) Compatibility with more interfaces such as Zwave, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi.

Again not saying either of the other 2 don't have these same abilities and compatibilities, but I personally seem to like Vera over the other two. I may play around with Smart Things and Wink again once we finalize on our new home, but I will most likely be getting the VeraSecure Hub in the very near future.