Poor Battery Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2018
I think my S9 (bought in June) is going through power too fast. Its been off the charger for 1 hour 13 minutes with no action (screen off, no calls, Fortnite etc) and I am down to 95% according to GSAM battery monitor.

The other day I went to a car show outdoors. I started with 100% and the phone shut off with 5% or less after less than 3 hours. The only app being used was the camera (Open Camera app) and gallery. And of course the screen was mostly on. Is 2.5 hours normal in that scenario?

I notice that even when I don't take pictures it still doesn't seem to be as good as my old LG G4 and its supposed to have such a great processor and more efficient.

Is this normal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Well the battery life you mention when not in use is pretty normal for that device (approximately 20 hours). The camera and gallery usage, especially if you have the screen 'on' a lot will drain the battery faster. Alas, everything I have read on that particular device mentions it not having the greatest battery life.
Well the battery life you mention when not in use is pretty normal for that device (approximately 20 hours). The camera and gallery usage, especially if you have the screen 'on' a lot will drain the battery faster. Alas, everything I have read on that particular device mentions it not having the greatest battery life.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.