Solved! Note 9 Email Attachments

Oct 16, 2018
Hi, i'm trying to email a file of 8.9m from my Note 9 to my business email account without any success. It remains in the outbox via wireless and GSM. The account on the phone is setup as an Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account. My works Microsft Exchange server is setup to allow me 30m files sending/receiving? Any suggestions why the phone will not allow the email to be sent? Thanks Deon

Solution
Well now GSM is a network, the network the carrier/service provider may use, not the ability to send or receive files. That requires either WiFi or Data. While phone messaging won't send if data is not on the device, email should. Depends on what email app you are using. You didn't mention that. When trying to send, turn 'data' off. Sometimes it can interfere with using WiFi.

If it still won't send, and regular emails without attachments will send, then you need to check the app you are using for the email and you settings for sending attachments.
Well now GSM is a network, the network the carrier/service provider may use, not the ability to send or receive files. That requires either WiFi or Data. While phone messaging won't send if data is not on the device, email should. Depends on what email app you are using. You didn't mention that. When trying to send, turn 'data' off. Sometimes it can interfere with using WiFi.

If it still won't send, and regular emails without attachments will send, then you need to check the app you are using for the email and you settings for sending attachments.

Solution