Analogue Is Making the Sega Genesis Clone You've Been Waiting For

I loved my Sega Genesis. I preferred the Genesis games over SNES. Back in the day I had the Genesis I, Power Base Converter, 32x and Sega CD v2. The 32x was the last console, well console upgrade I ever bought. Then I discovered computer gaming and never bought another console.

While this is neat. I couldn't imagine spending so much to play old games. A used real Genesis is so much cheaper, even when bundled with games. I probably should get one some time. I still have a tube TV for this sort of thing. What was a high end flat front Sony Wega 27". Just never get around to it.

adam.ismail

Staff Writer
Oct 17, 2018
Yeah, if you're still fortunate enough to have a tube, just use that. I wish I did, it would make playing all my old consoles so much easier!

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014

this^^^ it was truly great. I bought Virta Racer (3D racing game) for 90 bucks, it had lots of memory in that cartridge. LOVED that game and system. F117 Nighthawk was awesome too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Ow3w2DIRc

adam.ismail

Staff Writer
Oct 17, 2018

Virtua Racing will be playable on this system! I loved that game, so I made sure to ask the creator of the system that question. Of course, the 32X version will not, but at least you'll be able to put that expensive old cart to good use! They're a lot cheaper nowadays thankfully, I snagged one for $10 a few years back.