Solved! Device to Remotely Cover a Security Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2018
I have a vacation rental with an interior security camera. I'll use a remote controllable power plug to power it off when it is being rented and back on when it is vacant, but I still feel that guests will not be comfortable with it being in view.

I do have a SmartThings Z-Wave Hub. The security camera is standing upright and on a level surface above my kitchen cabinets(it's a Piper nv security camera measuring 4" W x 6" H with the camera lens just below 5" H) and there is leveled space in front of it for a device to cover/shield it. Is there a device that exists could be used to shield the view of the Security Camera that can go up and then retract back down? I feel like the device I'm looking for, if it even exists, is going to take some creative thinking to come up with an idea. I wouldn't care if it was a device or multiple devices that look completely out of place. For example if I placed a few meant to be in-ground garden sprinklers that are actually are able to go up then stop, and then retract remotely I'm pretty sure my guests would prefer the garden sprinklers over the security camera.

Nov 3, 2018
I understand that you're looking for an option that can cover your camera, but how about a camera that doesn't exactly look like one? I think there's this canary camera. I'm not an expert but it looks like a speaker at first glance, unless you get to stare at it closely, then you'll notice the lens, it's quite similar with piper, but this one will have a cloud fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.