App won't uninstall

Oct 9, 2018
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 that's running Oreo. I downloaded an app from the Google Play store a few days ago. It downloaded normally but took a long time to install. I've since experienced some strange issues with my phone, specifically that I'm no longer receiving notifications for Facebook, Gmail etc. The only change I could think of was that maybe something had gone wrong when I installed this app, so I tried to uninstall it. The app icon has disappeared from my home menu and it no longer appears in my app settings, but it still appears in my Google Play store list with an "uninstall" button. When I tap the button it confirms that I want to uninstall, but nothing else happens.

I've tried checking if the app has administrator privileges (it doesn't), and it isn't a pre-installed app so I can't think why it won't uninstall. The Play Store is also refusing to update my other apps and I don't know if that's something to do with this app or if it's just a Play Store issue! Does anyone have any ideas about what may be wrong, or how to fix this? Thanks!