Your question

Fitbit Charge 3 Review: One Step Closer to Perfect

Tags:
  • fitbit
  • Fitness Trackers
  • Fitness
Last response: in Fitness Trackers
October 5, 2018 2:20:04 PM

A swim-proof design, improved touchscreen and potential for deeper sleep insights make the Fitbit Charge 3 the best all-around fitness tracker for the money.

Fitbit Charge 3 Review: One Step Closer to Perfect : Read more

More about : fitbit charge review step closer perfect

November 2, 2018 9:15:47 PM

Have you had problems syncing your Charge 3 with your phone since the latest app update on (I think) 10/28/2018? I've got to remove the Charge 3 from the app, uninstall and reinstall the app, then reconnect the Charge 3. That seems to work almost regularly. The comments in the Google Play Store show that this is a widespread problem.
m
l
November 9, 2018 5:50:20 AM

Have you checked out the Fitbit support site? Many complaints of inability to connect, wildly inaccurate heart monitor, wildly inaccurate sleep monitor, constant need to reboot system, failure to charge, sudden bricking of the device, stress cracking of screen. Very disappointing to call this an update to the 2. Seems like an early beta released very prematurely for the xmas selling season. Currently has 25% one-star reviews on Amazon, with lots of people returning them because of multiple failures.
m
l
November 13, 2018 4:19:14 AM

Yes, I have also read the various negative reviews for this fitness tracker.

Please share the battery backup experience ?

Thanks
m
l
November 22, 2018 3:48:11 AM

Mijn man en ik hebben de eerste dag dat fitbit charge3 uitkwam onmiddelijk gaan kopen .Wat een teleurstelling Mijn man gaat tafelvoetbal spelen en komt daar met een score, op een uur tijd had hij al duizende stappen, terwijl hij zo goed als stil staat ,ik als poetsvrouw elke beweging met mijn handen geef de fitbit een stap zelfs aan het stuur draaien ,sorry dit zou toch niet mogen , Ik wil het zeker niet afbreken ,daarom de vraag is er iets aan te veranderen ,iets installeren of dergelijke ,wie weet raad ?
m
l
November 22, 2018 8:04:38 AM

I’ve just purchased a Charge 3 for the waterproof and swim tracker feature. What a huge disappointment. After a few swims what I can see is that......it doesn’t work! Not fit for sale as a swim tracker. Maybe I have a ‘lemon’, but this bad boy does not auto track swim sessions and gives me lap stats of a non-swimmer in floaties.

I’m an IT guy and have set all the settings up correctly. In any case, auto-track is supposedly as simply as jump in and go. Mine thinks I’m running or some other sport. And lap counting? Shocking and appalling. I do 2.5Km’s to 3km’s a 1 hour session and my lemon tells me anything between 700m and 1.8km depending on its mood that day. I’ve checked out some forums suggesting you push off hard, swim freestyle, don’t stop, stop at every end, etc.....nothing gets me anywhere near what I am counting and doing. Anywhere between 30% and 70% inaccurate?? Thats a joke Fitbit. Change your advertising and put in the facts rather than misleading your customers.

Now, one advantage of my ‘lemon’ thinking that I am running is that it does track my heart rate, which when in proper swim mode of course, for some reason that’s normally disabled. Epic fail Fitbit; enable heart rate in swim mode, make swim mode work, and count laps properly. Or, advertise this device as a “waterproof tracker that doesn’t track your laps accurately, has no heart rate monitoring, and thinks your running when swimming anyway”.
m
l
December 11, 2018 10:49:10 PM

It is very nice device. I changed a band for it. It is very comforble.
m
l
December 26, 2018 12:01:09 PM

caitlinmcgarry said:
A swim-proof design, improved touchscreen and potential for deeper sleep insights make the Fitbit Charge 3 the best all-around fitness tracker for the money.

Fitbit Charge 3 Review: One Step Closer to Perfect : Read more

How long do you use it? Is it still works well?
I can't decide: do I need that or don't...
m
l
December 28, 2018 3:43:05 PM

The device features are great but the Fitbit design is lousy. If you are a big bloke, forget it. The provided large strap is really on one half of a large strap. The other side of the strap, the part with the buckle on it, is the still short strap. Still too small and the buckle on the small strap now sits on the edge of your wrist.

Second fail is this device is easy to read as a watch, but not as a fitness tracker. The numerals are too small if you are older than 40. Sure Fitbit give you a choice of 5 different watch face Apps, but all provide large watch numerals and small performance numerals. Don't know about you, but I already have a watch, I wanted a fitness tracker.
m
l
2 minutes ago

The Charge 3's (many of them) stopped syncing on December 21. Many, many, many uphappy owners of Fitbit devices. From what I can tell reading the support forums and their Facebook page community, the syncing issue is not only the Charge 3 devices. My last sync was December 22. I spent hours troubleshooting and trying to work with their support to fix mine, all to no avail other than a lot of frustration. They admit there is a serious issue with the software and many devices are not syncing. Read their support forum and FB page community for further proof of the issue. After much time spent and frustration, they are sending me a new device, mine not only quit syncing but it also stopped keeping time--I got it in mid-November. Since there's a bug in the software that is disallowing the syncing, I may be totally out of luck with the new device as well. They're not offering a time frame on when this issue will be resolved. I would suggest no one buy a Charge 3 until they fix the syncing bug.
m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook