Samsung SmartThings Hub V3 Review: Still the Best, But Could Be Better

Dec 12, 2018
Truly value you writeup, but this hub is not the best. I wouldn't consider that fair to others. This hub lacks many user oriented feature. And, it only works in certain countries. Not to mention it's lack to support leading protocols like Insteon, for example. It does not even support it's predecessor Hub Ver 2. LOL

I purchased it last week and it is still not of any use for me. I have many brands of smart home devices, but this claimed best hub does not work in my place. I may use it to warn others of bad choices.

Apr 28, 2019
Needs work:
  1. Problems with Schlage Connect lock. It connected initially as per the "normal" process, but later it stated it was unavailable. Support helped me with the exclusion process, and it worked for a while, but then it stopped working again.
  2. The hub will NOT pair with Lutron Caseta products unless you have the Lutron smart bridge device, which is about another $80. The Wink hub has a Lutron antenna built in, which is why it doesn't require the smart bridge.
  3. The current iphone app is just OK, it's fairly complicated when setting up "scenes", and I'm very technically oriented. I've seen numerous user complaints stating that the Classic version is much better, but unfortunately, the Classic version is on its way out.
  4. The current iphone app also does not include Schlage Connect locks on scenes or automations, but it did with the Classic app. Samsung states it's because of liability reasons, which makes no sense because the scenes and the lock icon appear on the same page. Not only that, the user has to program the scenes.