iPhone XS Antennagate Can’t Be Fixed with Software, Expert Says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2018
I notice that on my old iPad Pro 9.7 I have 4 bars of LTE but on my brand spanking new iPhone Xs Max, I only have 3 bars of LTE. Is this the discrepancy they speak of?

Aug 4, 2018
Just got the unlocked iPhone XS Max for my girlfriend. It flew straight in from China. That's how Apple does it now when you order online, tracking shows it. I can 100% certify the antennae is pure garbage! We drive to a few locations every day. One of them to the rental stables to do horse chores. The bars have dropped from full strength to single LTE. She drops calls in notorious low spots where her 6S Plus never dropped previously. I was ready to bring it in for a full refund at one of the stores or ship back. But I wanted to seek out similar issues with others first, before our return time expires. If this is a hardware defect, I want to know now. Spent $1300 for this stupid thing as a b-day present. Have any of these complaints referred to carrier specific phones or unlocked? When I heard Apple would drop Qualcomm modems for Intel, everyone rolled their eyes. Intel modems are inferior compared to QC.

Sep 27, 2018
The new Apple watch was intriguing enough to have me wanting to switch from Samsung to iPhone's. However with all the new details being released and surfacing on the internet that these phones have bad antennas from Intel, I think I am going to pass on making the change. From what I read it is not carrier specific and some have the problem and some don't. I am not going to take the chance on a product that is having user reported failure rate.

Oct 13, 2018
Sincerely, i think that if you have the X, dont go for the Xs, and if you like Xs, better buy the X and pay less.. At the moment, Xs isnt a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.