App Troubleshooting for Android 7.0 phone

jeromebernardjames

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
Have the AT&T 5044R Android 7.0 This phone has FM Radio Broadcast circuitry. Worked well for a week... Now app will not launch. Is there an error log for such events. Took the SIM card out when configuring for WiFi only. Will have no contract for this phone. Still have the SIM card... would this have an effect on the stated issue? Guidance sought.

Solution
You just need to go into "Settings" then "Apps", locate the app that you want to clear the cache for. Tap that app and tap the button to clear it. I would suggest restarting (turning it off and back on) the phone after you clear it. Just remember clearing this on any app will clear info on said app. So be sure it is one you wish to clear.
Well some phones do have issues working if there is no SIM in them. Even if the SIM is not a working one, some just need one 'in' the device.

In regard to the app you are referring to, did you try clearing the data and cache for said app then restarting the phone to see if that resolved the issue? You should also check for updates for the app.

jeromebernardjames

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
Much thanks for the timely reply. Took the SIM card out because I could not get to the settings screen that allowed me to configure the phone for wifi. Will reinsert IF it cannot harm the setup that works. Have not found the way to clear the cache for this device.... guidance appreciated

You just need to go into "Settings" then "Apps", locate the app that you want to clear the cache for. Tap that app and tap the button to clear it. I would suggest restarting (turning it off and back on) the phone after you clear it. Just remember clearing this on any app will clear info on said app. So be sure it is one you wish to clear.

Solution