i installed an SD card and now i cant get screenshots or my photos.. what do i do to get all my photos back

Sep 13, 2018
i cannot find any pictures or screenshots i have taken over the last year.. i installed an SD card and now i cant retrieve anything or take photos.. what happened and what do i do to get them back?

Solution
No way to know what happened, you had the pictures on the SD card, and it worked fine for a year? Or did you just install and SD card and the files are gone? Did you change the storage to the SD card in the photo app and told it to move all files there? Did it? You can try connecting the phone to a computer and see if you can find the files that way, maybe they were moved and the photo app just is not showing them to you. Can also try an undelete utility, Recuva is pretty good, they have some phone recovery steps on their site.

Make backups of your files before they are gone, what if your phone was lost or stolen or simply dropped and broke?
No way to know what happened, you had the pictures on the SD card, and it worked fine for a year? Or did you just install and SD card and the files are gone? Did you change the storage to the SD card in the photo app and told it to move all files there? Did it? You can try connecting the phone to a computer and see if you can find the files that way, maybe they were moved and the photo app just is not showing them to you. Can also try an undelete utility, Recuva is pretty good, they have some phone recovery steps on their site.

Make backups of your files before they are gone, what if your phone was lost or stolen or simply dropped and broke?

Solution