Do you cover your webcams?

Aug 24, 2018
I used to cover up all my laptop cameras with post-its/sticky tape until I found some camera sliders off Amazon! Love them! I was also really glad to find out that my Lenovo Smart Display came with a physical camera shutter. I also get to mute the mic anytime I want. I'm always thankful when brands start to take precautions for all these privacy concerns.

Do you think it's paranoia when people cover up their cameras with tape? I personally just like taking precautions even if it's not 100% safe as what most would say.

Sep 17, 2018
I have 2 laptops and did not cover my cameras because i use them with external monitor so the lid is closed, After a new install i always mute the mic and i do so by my friends but a few days back i had a laptop in my hands with windows 10 and put the mic on mute but it was still reacting on sound so i disabled the mic complitly and problem solved. many people who have a laptop are not aware that the mic is on. I dont think you are paranoid its a good thing to be aware of

Aug 24, 2018

Wow I actually didn't think of muting the mic on my macbook or rather I keep forgetting but thanks for the tip! I tend to forget all about mics because they're less obvious than the cameras. My wifi disconnects after my family goes to bed so I guess that kinda disables the mic in a way.