I don't quite understand so maybe someone can make it 100% clear for me. A child can become a broadcaster if they are under 13

Solution
Ah, yeah if only Tom's owned the Twitch IP...

I don't visit Twitch very much, but my understanding is that it's against company policy for anyone under the age of 13 to have an account on their site, regardless of parental supervision. You can contact them and ask for clarification, but that's the best I've got.

Below0

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
Can you give us details on the broadcasting front? What site, and do they have a Terms of Service?

Here in the United States, many policies and Terms of Service (including here) generally do not allow members under the age of 13 to post or share information. There are sites like Nickolodeon or Neopets that do allow 10 years olds to play and post on their sites, but that's with the understanding that a child's play time on a computer is being supervised by a parent or guardian. Neopets is especially blunt in pointing out that it's the parent's responsibility to monitor their child's internet activity and that they are not responsible if anything happens to them: http://www.neopets.com/terms.phtml

Word of advice from a man with children (most of them are now grown): If your kid wants to broadcast for streaming or do a youtube channel, do it with them and give them the adult support they need. Heck, if they have a passionate hobby outside of a computer just help them out where you can. You're a parent and they're just kids, and they don't need to feel whole or feel loved by a bunch of strangers on the internet. It's even worse if you're doing this as a way to garner fame or attention, and god forbid if you plan on doing that.

Below0

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
Ah, yeah if only Tom's owned the Twitch IP...

I don't visit Twitch very much, but my understanding is that it's against company policy for anyone under the age of 13 to have an account on their site, regardless of parental supervision. You can contact them and ask for clarification, but that's the best I've got.

Solution